Tuesday, July 17, 2018

KATIE'S BLOG: WE ARE NOW IN FRANCE!!


Well, we’ve made it across Biscay and I can’t even say it was bad! We had flat calm seas all the way and for once my sea-sickness left me!



To be honest, I’m a bit disappointed about it, I was half hoping to have blue sick and even bought blue sweets before we left!

Anyway, after a couple of days of worrying my head off, we set off out to sea. It was ‘flat as a pancake’ and there was hardly any wind! A couple of hours later a pod of dolphins came and joined us and we spent half an hour at the bows watching them.




    The next two days were spent desperately looking out for whales, as dad was positive that as the sea was so calm we were bound to see some!




The sun was setting one night and me and dad were watching a pod of dolphins playing in the bow wave, when a huge whale came up about 150 feet to our right! It surfaced about five times then disappeared behind us. I didn’t get any pictures because the camera was inside but it was amazing.



                  Here are some pictures of the beautiful sun-sets and sun-rises at sea:







On Sunday, we had pancakes for breakfast, they were delicious as always and afterwards Reuben was out on deck dancing to the music which was on full blast.


Capitain Reuben at the helm!

We have seen loads of dolphins – common dolphins – including a tiny baby one and a big adult dolphin covered in spots, gannets, sea gulls, the whale, seaweed, and half a lemon. Maybe the sea isn’t quite so bad after all?





Everything was good and on Monday afternoon we sailed into the river of Benodet which was crowded with small sailing boats and wind surfers.




The anchor was dropped at 3:30pm and we all collapsed onto the sofa.



Reuben firing an arrow for France!



2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah PJ said...

Dear Ruben, I've been enjoying a long time with my cat and have missed you quite a lot. I am really sorry for missing your birthday party Ruben and look forward to seeing you. I hope you've had as good a time as me and by the sound of it you've had quite an adventure. Love Isaac xxxxxxxx

8:41 PM  
Blogger Jane Makepeace said...

Lovely blog Katie! Glad you weren't seasick!

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home