Friday, October 27, 2017

KATIE'S BLOG - feeling seasick

We are in Viano Do Castelo now, but later today we are moving to Leixoes near Porto, (apparently there’s seven days of good weather so we won’t be stopping for a while). Last night we climbed seven hundred and forty eight steps to what mum thought was a nun house- it turned out to be the Sanctuary of St Luzia, it was amazing, there were beautiful paintings all around the ceiling and walls.

never ending steps up.
Sanctuary of St Luzia 

amazing paintings on the ceiling


Yesterday, on the way here, I saw a sunfish about a metre away from the boat and a foot under the surface. A few minutes later, dad spotted a dark fin in the water slapping the water either side of it- it was also a sunfish we think, it looked really weird! I saw two dolphins heading inland but apart from that none came to play, surprisingly, lots of swimming crabs passed our boat about half a metre below the surface though!


In the last place we stopped, Bayona, we met a couple on a boat who told us that, just round the corner there was a small lagoon full of birds, the next day we went to investigate- it was beautiful. They came round the first evening with some muffins they had made, and apparently they are heading to the Guadiana as well, they are moving on Saturday when the wind is the right direction to sail. The next day we made some shortbread cookies and added colour dye to them – they turned out rather strange but delicious, we gave some to Mickie and Carl on the boat next to us.
Reuben standing in the water when we touched the bottom
us walking on the beach afterwards
😈


I have made up my mind, when I am older I am going to learn how to freeze time around me so when I’m at sea and feeling rather peckish, I can stop the rolling, step onto the sea and simply walk over the frozen waves to shore. I would then go on a bus to Ares and have a delicious meal of steak in the restaurant, when I am full I would catch a taxi to opposite where our boat would be, walk back out past dolphins frozen in mid-air, turtles on the surface, jelly fish, whales and lots more. When I was settled down back on board, I would click my fingers and everything would go back to normal. Simple.

Anyway, I am not looking forward to being at sea for the next couple of days, so I’m not going to write anymore because we are heading out to sea, and already I can feel my stomach churning up inside me, so, good bye.


 P.S the one thing I am most thankful for is land.    





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home